Photobucket

Thursday 21 August 2008

Supplication to the Lineage


Great Vajradhara, Tilo, Naro, Marpa, Mila, Gampopa, Karmapa,
masters of the profound path of Mahamudra.
I supplicate you, the Kagyu gurus.
I hold your lineage; grant your blessings so that I´ll follow your example.

Revulsion is the foot of meditation, as is taught.
To this meditator who is not attached to food and wealth,
who cuts the ties to this life,
Grant your blessings so that I have no desire for honor and gain.

Devotion is the head of meditation, as is taught.
The guru opens the gate to the treasury of oral instructions.
To this meditator who continually supplicates the guru,
Grant your blessings so that genuine devotion is born in me.

Awareness is the body of meditation, as is taught.
Whatever arises is fresh- the essence of realization.
To this meditator who rests simply without altering it,
Grant your blessings so that my meditation is free from conception.

The essence of thoughts is dharmakaya, as is taught.
Nothing whatever but everything arises from it.
To this meditator who arises in unceasing play,
Grant your blessings so that I realize the inseparability of samsara and nirvana.

Through all my births may I not be separated from the perfect guru
and so enjoy the splendor of dharma.
Perfecting the virtues of the paths and bhumis,
may I speedily attain the state of Vajradhara.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails